CHE Regional Health Corporations by State
- Regional Health Corporations (RHC) is an entity sponsored by a Regional Community, Religious Congregation or public juridic person and has CHE as its sole member.
- Joint Operating Agreement (JOA) is a structure that integrates the operations and finances of the joint venture participants under an agreed upon predetermined level of common control.
- Component Corporation (CC) is a corporation controlled directly or indirectly by a Regional Health Corporation.
- Supportive Health Corporation (SHC) is a Constituent Corporation whose primary purpose is not the direct provision of health care services.
Catholic Health East facilities serve communities through regional
healthcare systems in 11 eastern states from Maine to Florida.
CHE Supportive Health Corporations
- Global Health Ministry, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania: (d.b.a. Global Health Volunteers) CHE’s international outreach efforts are fulfilled by Global Health Ministry, a supportive health corporation serving the health needs of people in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Allegany Franciscan Ministries, Inc., Palm Harbor, Florida: Allegany Franciscan Ministries, Inc. is a non-profit Catholic organization focused on improving the overall health status of individuals through increasing access to health services and information. Guided by the tradition and vision of the Franciscan Sisters of Allegany, and a member of CHE, Allegany Franciscan Ministries provides grants to organizations in three regions of Florida: Miami-Dade County; Palm Beach, Martin and St. Lucie Counties; and Tampa Bay area of Hillsborough and Pinellas Counties. Allegany Franciscan Ministries strives to be a catalyst for systemic change, committing resources and working collaboratively to promote physical, mental, spiritual, societal and cultural health and well-being in these communities. Web site is www.afmfl.org
- Stella Maris Insurance Company, Limited, Cayman Islands, British West Indies: Stella Maris Insurance Company, Limited is an offshore captive insurance company domiciled in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, B.W.I established in 1986. The company is wholly owned by Catholic Health East. The company provides Healthcare Professional and General Liability insurance coverage to Catholic Health East and its member organizations.
CHE System Office: Providing Services that Support Our Ministry
The Catholic Health East System Office is comprised of departments which serve CHE members by providing expertise and support in a variety of areas related to health care planning and decision-making. The following departments make up the CHE System Office: